MASTIC ACRES PAVILLION circa 1950
Most people who remember this place
knew it as Lil Joes Fishing Station on the mouth of Forge River.
It was in fact Walter T. Shirley's first beach pavillion on the
opposite coast of Mastic Neck from the beach that would eventually
bear his name. There is a large multi page addition devoted entirely
to developer Shirley and the major impact he left in Mastic coming
to the website very soon. Trypuc photo courtesy Ken Vitellaro