Long before it was Bayview Hospital, or Calabro's Compound or Lawson's Leap for that matter, the estate originally built and abandoned by Richard Floyd when he got the hell out of Dodge...... er Mastic ,was known as The Dr. Robert estate. Map makers through the years like Beers and Belcher Hyde ( don't you find it odd that Belcher followed Beers?) got careless with a misplaced apostrophe and the land along the west bank of Pattersquash Creek, got changed to The Roberts Estate. Most deeds refer to it that way too.
According to Long Island's Genealogy Site about Swift Stream (Forge River) Farms, Dr. Daniel Robert heard about the bargain land the Tangier Smith's were selling out in Mastic in 1786 and bought three thousand acres of it. He in turn must of sold a lot of it or gave it to the many Robert relatives. Through the 19th century and early part of the twentieth all the land between Pattersquash Creek and The Manor Of St. George bordered by The Neighborhood Trail on the north and The Bay on the south usually had some Robert name on it.
Now what we have here is a real estate ad from May of 1925. Just 13 months before The Smadbeck's would file the first Map Of Mastic Beach and change the name of the area forever. Notice the marketeers are calling it "MASTIC ON THE SEA" perhaps they were encouraged by the failed development just next door called Woodlands By The Bay.